Big Impacts with Ceilings
For most people, the only effort they place into the ceiling design is removing the old popcorn treatment. While this is certainly an important first step, there are many ways to use the ceiling to add interest and impact to any room.
Ideas to Make a Big Impact with Your Ceiling
Considered the “fifth wall” by designers, ceiling design changes can be either subtle or dramatic. Browse through any home décor magazine and notice the ceiling treatments. Often, they feature bold colors or textures that go somewhat unnoticed by the viewer. Bedrooms, living rooms, and even bathrooms are prime targets for a makeover. Here are 5 great options to try
out in your home.
1. Bold Color – Contrary to popular opinion, a dark or strong color on the ceiling does not make the room look smaller. In fact, the use of a color on the ceiling invites the eye to move around the room and creates another interesting space.
2. Brighten Monotone Rooms – If you are planning to keep the room monotone, with soft whites or beiges, add more white tone to the ceiling to add some depth to the room.
3. Molding – Add an interesting molding to the ceiling. You can create an elegant surrounding with a chandelier, for example.
4. Add Some Shine – Contrast a matte wall with a high-gloss ceiling in bold color. Perfect to brighten any room.
5. Metallic Options – You’ve seen the pressed metal ceilings in old bars or restaurants, but there are also more subtle modern treatments that bring an element of industrial design to a space.
Bottom Line is Have Fun with Ceiling Design
There are so many ways to create a more interesting design story by using the ceiling. There is no reason not to try something dramatic that can give any room a fresh look.