Transitioning your table for the seasons is a lot easier than you think. There is no need to buy completely different decor for each season. You can transition your table to fit any holiday. Plenty of colors and staple pieces can be swapped in and out for a statement-making dinner table perfect for any fall and winter gathering.
Color to transition your table
Color is a easy place to start, take a inventory of what you currently have. Follow these simple steps and you are on your way to transitioning your table from season to season.
- Start with a neutral colored base, like a cream-colored table runner or white candles. This allows you to include bolder pieces later on.
- Confident shades like reds and metallic’s are well-suited for autumn, as well as the holidays. Using these colors in napkins, garland, or other table toppers can help you from having to completely revamp the minimal aspects of your table.
Garland and Greens will transform your table
Using Garland can turn a basic table setting into a festive holiday party in a snap. Garland doesn’t have to mean Christmas, you can find garland for the fall, spring and summer and incorporate a little or a lot.
- Use garland and seasonal greenery to reflect the outside environment. Colorful leaves and branches are a great option for fall, with rustic pine and bright cranberries for winter.
- Mix in subtle hints of the season into your garland, like pinecones, gourds, ribbon, or gold balls, for instance.
How to use Napkins and Plates to transform your table
Napkins and plates are another inexpensive way to upgrade a table. You can hit your local antique shops and find beautiful plates you can use to dress up a table. One of my favorite things to do is have a color theme and then mix & match plates.
- Subtle touches of red or gold work well for napkins and plates to tie the table together.
- Keep in mind the overall feel of the rest of the table, and incorporate plates that are rustic in appearance or more delicate, depending on the look you are trying to achieve.
Transitioning your table for the seasons is pretty easy when you use your imagination and take inspiration from what you already have. The point is to have fun and display your personality.