So many businesses have been affected by the events of 2020, causing permanent
and temporary closures of many of our favorite spots—including the corner bar.
The local watering hole has always been a great place to meet friends, watch
sports, and unwind after work.
Many homeowners have used this time at home to work on home improvement
projects. Why not consider adding or improving a home bar to the list? Making
simple changes can have a large impact.
- Moody Paint – Carve out an unused nook and paint it a dark, masculine
color. Think of the old speakeasy with dark wood and soft lighting.
- Sophisticated Seating – If your space allows, create a lounge-style
atmosphere with barstools or a bistro set. A black or wood finish will
emphasize the feel of a bar.
- Stock Up – The key to a great bar is having the right tools and ingredients.
Retailers offer a variety of styles for such items as shakers, muddlers,
corkscrews, among others. Don’t forget the alcohol and mixers.
- Open Up – Open glass shelving will showcase your style. Save money by
displaying the liquor bottles themselves instead of decanters.
- Make It Mobile – If you don’t have extra space for your bar, there are a
multitude of bar carts to not only suit your style but allow you to go where
the party is.
If you’ve exhausted your weekend honey-do list, consider spending a little time to
create a home bar. With a little thought and attention, you can entertain in style,
even if you’re alone.