How to choose the right School
Fernandina Beach Homebuyers know that the quality of the local schools is a critical component of their home search. Nothing is more important to parents than making sure their children receive quality education.
Competition for college admission has increased to a fevered pitch over the past few decades, and parents want to set their children up early with the best opportunity for
their future success. More and more, homebuyers are not simply looking at the public school system when choosing a new home, but the private school options as well.
Making the important decision about where to send your children to school requires some thought; here are a few of the benefits of each that can help you the right choice.
Benefits of Public Schools
• Higher Qualified Teachers – On average, public school teachers have higher educational qualifications
than those of private schools, many having Master’s degrees.
• Strong Focus on Core Subjects – Public schools focus on the basics with an emphasis on mastery.
• Wider Extracurricular Activities – Public schools tend to have a larger population and can offer a vast array
of sports teams, theater, arts, and music programs.
• Diversity – Public schools have students from all economic and ethnic backgrounds
Fernandina Beach Local Public Schools
Yulee Primary School
Yulee Elementary School
Yulee Middle School
Yulee High School
Emma Love Hardee Elementary School
Fernandina Beach Middle School
Fernandina Beach High School
Callahan Elementary School
Callahan Intermediate School
Callahan Middle School
West Nassau County High School
Wildlight Elementary School
Benefits of Private Schools
• Smaller Classrooms – On average, private schools have a smaller student-to-teacher
ratio than public schools.
• Strong Parent Involvement – Private schools not only encourage but rely on parent
• Less Red Tape – Private schools are not required to follow the strict state guidelines,
which allows them to make quick decisions and adjustments based on each child’s
Fernandina Beach Private Schools
St. Michael Academy
Faith Christian Academy
Amelia Island Montessori School
Fernandina Beach Christian Academy
What’s the solution? In Fernandina Beach both public and private schools can offer students a solid education and school experience. Every community is different, and understanding the pros and cons of the local choices is becoming more and important to parents. Parents look at the long term and weigh how each school stacks up. Knowing that as the child progresses into the next grade the quality and opportunities stay consistent remains one of the main factors when looking at new school systems.
Fernandina Beach in Nassau Counties school rankings make it a top contender for parents. When you pair that with the growth, great weather and charm, Fernandina Beach is a place more and more call home.