Since it’s the month of love, nothing says “I love you” more than some sweet, delicious, and cute thumbprint cookies! Best of all, they don’t take a lot of effort but taste like you slaved away in the kitchen.
- 1⁄2cup butter, softened (no substitues)
- 1⁄4cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4cup packed brown sugar
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1large egg
- 1tablespoon milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 – 1⁄3cup seedless raspberry preserves (or your choice of jam or preserves)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat until combined, scraping the sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour by hand.
- Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls.
- For each cookie, place 2 dough balls side by side with one side touching on an ungreased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Press thumbs into each ball to form an indentation in each Press in center of each with thum and taper bottom of cookie with fingers to form heart shape.
- Repeat with remaining dough balls leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven transfer to a wire rack.
- While warm, fill each indentation with jam.
- Cool completely.
- Make 24-30 cookies depending on size of the dough balls you make.